This kit is the most economical way to have it all, and is designed for the first time user.
- One 6oz bottle of TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat
- One 22oz bottle of ready to use Tire Cleaner
- One Applicator Sponge.
- One Tire Brush
- One set of Nitrile Gloves
NOTE: TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat, WILL NOT stick to silicone. TUF SHINE Tire Cleaner is specially formulated to remove silicone dressings, road grime, and to prep tires prior to applying TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat.
Competitive products are designed to lubricate the rubber. This lubrication washes off or evaporates over time. When this happens, protection is lost and its then necessary to repeatedly apply dressings to maintain the desired shine and protection. To maintain a Wet look with other product you have to constantly clean and apply dressings. Heavy-duty cleaners are required to remove the residue build-up left behind by most silicone-based dressings. And can remove factory lubricants that are built into the tires sidewalls causing oxidation and dry cracks to appear. These same cleaners, when used regularly, can potentially ruin the finish on expensive wheels. TUF SHINE has taken a different approach, which is the opposite to that of our competitors.
What makes Tuf Shine Tire Appearance Different
- Contains NO OILS or SILICONE that can cause dirt and dust to cling to tires
- Seals in factory lubricants and blocks out UV and ozone so tires stay pliable
- Water based for easy cleanup
- Perfect for autos, trucks, cycles, RVs, trailers, ATVs and more
- Lasts for months & months & months
- Withstands repeated high-pressure washings
- NO SLING OFF! This usually occurs with other WET look tire dressings
- Anti-static. Since dust wont cling to TUF Shine, you can now dust your tires!
- You control the shine. The more coats, the more shine
- Gives tires a deep black WET look, which enhances the cars appearance
- Will greatly outlast most oil and water based silicone tire dressings
- Adds a super long lasting shine to old, dull looking tires
- Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner (provided) is a first time only cleaning/prep. Not recommended after Clearcoat is applied.
- Once the clearcoat is applied, maintaining the shine is easy. Wash tires with mild soap and water and a soft car wash brush. A much safer way to clean tires
- Tires will not brown, which is usually caused by dirt clinging to the oily residue left behind by other dressings
- Seals whitewalls and white lettering to prevent road grime from turning white areas brown or gray
- A little goes a long way. A 6 oz. bottle will treat approx. 20 passenger tires, 2 coats each
- Sidewalls will stay looking like new when properly maintained
Tire Appearance Instructions
PROPER PREPARATION IS THE KEY TO A LASTING FINISH! Any dirt, residue, or silicone from previous tire dressings must be removed or they will show through and may cause FLAKING and BROWNING of the TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat finish. DO NOT clean tires in direct sunlight or when the tires are hot.
- Clean tires thoroughly with the ready to use TUF SHINE Tire Cleaner. Scrub tires; especially around raised letters and grooves with a stiff bristle brush. Rinse tire and brush thoroughly with hose. DO NOT RINSE TIRE BRUSH IN BUCKET BETWEEN CLEANINGS. DO NOT ALLOW CLEANER TO DRY ON WHEELS OR PAINT! REPEAT this process a second or third time for extremely dirty tires. The suds should appear white when the tire is properly cleaned. Remember, TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat will stick to rubber, but it will not stick to silicone from old dressings. Investing extra time cleaning will yield excellent results.
- The tire should be CLEAN and BLACK, whitewalls/letters should be BRIGHT WHITE.
- Use this cleaner for initial cleaning only. Scrubbing with a soft bristle brush and mild soap and water is all that’s necessary to maintain the TUF SHINE finish.
Applying Tire Shine
- Shake contents.
- Tire must be cool and dry. DO NOT APPLY IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT, OR IN COLD TEMPERATURES BELOW 5O DEGREES.
- Squirt a small amount onto the applicator sponge.
- Apply to whitewalls and raised letters first. Allow 5 or more minutes for the first coat to dry, which will seal the white areas.
- Apply a thin even coat to the rest of the tire following the circular pattern of the tire. Slight milky buildup is OK. Smooth out any runs. The product will dry clear. If any black residue is drawn onto white areas, wipe off immediately with a clean damp towel. Allow to dry between coats. Liberal applications for 2nd and 3rd coats will enhance shine.
TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat is permanent. Wipe any residue from wheels and/or painted surfaces before it dries. Apply additional coats for increased shine. 3 to 4 coats will bring out the maximum shine. Touch up scuffmarks and nicks to restore the shine and keep that new look.
- Thoroughly rinse out the applicator sponge with clean water for future use.
- Care for the tire as you would the paint. To prolong the finish, use clear water and a soft brush or mild soap and water for heavier dirt and mud. Avoid using heavy chemical cleaners, as they will dull the finish. Re-apply TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat as needed.